Thursday, October 23, 2008

She's Finally HERE!!!

Introducing...


Ava Gabrielle Williams
7 lbs 15 oz
21 inches
October 22, 2008
9:31 AM




** I'll post more later...we're at the hospital now & our laptop takes forever to upload;) **

Well, after 19+ LONG hours of labor here is the result....the most precious gift in the world!!! And I survived...WE survived!!

My contractions started at 2:40pm on Tuesday and were pretty quick to pick up to once every 4-6 minutes, so I gave Eric a call around 4:00 and we were at the hospital by 5:15ish. After sticking me on a monitor for a couple hours they decided to admit me.....thank goodness because I told them I was not leaving without a baby:) hehe. By 11:00pm they started me on pitocin to move things along a little quicker because my contractions had slowed down a little bit. Let me tell ya, pitocin=evil ;) That stuff causes some mighty severe contractions!! So, needless to say I was in much need of the epidural by 2am. Those things are AMAZING.....at first:) I was so thankful that I could rest a little bit....and rest was all I could do, there was no sleeping through the night for any of us really. By 5am they broke my water and I was 6 cm dilated. And the epidural began to wear off :( 7:30am I was 8 cm so I figured I wouldn't actually deliver until closer to noon...nope! 8:30 rolled around & I was nearly 9 cm, with a WHOLE LOTTA pain from the contractions!!! Soon enough it was 9:00 & time to push!!! The rest is history....! We are sooooo blessed to have such a sweet little bundle of love!!!! Cutest darn baby we've ever laid eyes on... hehe

9 comments:

Jess said...

YEAH!!!!! Congratulations. So happy for you!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Liz congrats! I saw some picks on your sisters blog. what a cutie. Remember when we were at Ashland and how we wondered how birth would be? Was is it like you imagined? HA Ha!!! I'm so glad you had her!!! I love babies and giving birth as much as it hurts!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world AVA!!!! I'm glad you're finally here. You are a little cutie.
I'm glad to hear you all made it ok.
I'm sorry you had pitocin.....yes I agree it is very evil....grrr.
Enjoy your little bundle.
Karina

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! We are so happy for you guys. So glad everyone is healthy and well! Can't wait to see Ava in person! Almost can't believe she is finally here!! Love you - Lish & Milo :)

Stacy said...

YAY! Welcome Ava! She is so cute, and so much hair to put lots of bows and headbands in :-) Enjoy your little girl!

Jason & Stacy

Ham Fam said...

Oh she's so beautiful!!!!!!!! Glad the hard part is done and you can just enjoy her!!!!!! Savor it all!!!
Congrats!!!
Ryan and Danielle

Anonymous said...

congrats.... what a cutie. Now the fun begins. Enjoy your time as a new little family. Brenda & Scott

Anonymous said...

congratulations, she is cute. have fun spoiling her.
Gwen

GSG said...

Congrats!! Welcome Ava. She is so beautiful. I love all the hair. Enjoy every moment with her. Glad everyone is doing good.

Joe and Angie