Monday, May 4, 2009

Jackpot

I hit the jackpot with organic coupons! I found a site that listed a ton of organic websites that have printable coupons--I listed them on my blog under Organic Coupons Sites. I just briefly looked over each of them but haven't tried printing from these sites yet...I'm sure they work just fine since most of them are manufacturer websites.

My couponing has fallen by the wayside since our transition to mostly organic or at least all natural eating. I'm pretty excited about these coupon sites I found though. Every penny counts!

I'm also growing a garden this summer with my sister at our mom's house. I'm really looking forward to this!! My mom always has a huge amount of veggies from her garden every year--plenty to freeze & can. She makes the best tomato soup I've ever tasted! We're always asking her for more throughout the year--looks like I'll get my own stockpile now. ;) I'm also looking forward to learning the art of canning and freezing--yes, I think it is an art--and a fabulous way to eat fresh, naturally grown, pesticide-free vegetables all year 'round. I hope our garden produces enough to donate a good amount to our local food banks as well--I'm sure we'll have plenty! I am so attracted to the idea of using our earth in its purest form to feed and nourish our bodies. Man I sound like a hippie, but its so true ;) Better look out, I might buy a cow next and learn how to make my own yogurt from her milk...and I'll make cheese...and sour cream...and ice cream...and coffee creamer.... Ha! There we go, a cow in my backyard in suburban Dublin-and we thought Portia had big....nevermind, off topic! :) Stay tuned for updates on my first garden--let's hope I have a green thumb!

1 comment:

The Robinson's said...

Give my your address and I'll print the coupons off for you and mail them to you. Any others you want printed? Any baby related ones? I have two computers to print from so I should get you a decent amount. Email me your address so weird people don't start stalking you!!