We are really soaking up our summer around here!! I'm super excited that the weather is finally "August-like" again. I love hot, hazy, sticky, thick summer air!! And then I love the transition to cool, crisp, chilly sweater weather of the fall!! Football season is just around the corner--wooohoooo!!
We are staying busy that's for sure. Eric has been working his tail off at work and also trying to finish some home improvement projects that have been on hold for awhile ... and may continue that way for a little longer. :)
I have been busy trying to find time to help with our garden ... that I live an hour and fifteen minutes away from ... it's been interesting. :) My sister and I have learned a lot from our first gardening experience!! That thing has vegetables growing uncontrollably!! Peas, green beans, squash, carrots ... oh, everything is coming on!! We're still waiting on our tomatoes--my absolute favorite. :) We froze corn last week--a good and long 12 hours or so hours of shucking, washing, blanching, cutting, and bagging 500 ears of corn. WOW.
And Ava has also been growing uncontrollably lately! Somebody sprinkled some fertilizer on that girl!!! She is really taking off--crawling all over the place, getting into everything her little fingers can get ahold of--including Portia's food & water bowls... sooo gross. She pulls herself up on the stairs, my lap, the coffee table, the baby gates, in her crib--everywhere. We've seriously baby proofed this place!! She's saying kitty & dog--not incredibly understandable, but we know that's what she means. "Kitty" sounds more like "keey" and "dog" is more like "doe"--but we get the idea. :) I'll save the rest for her 10 month update coming soon!
We are staying busy that's for sure. Eric has been working his tail off at work and also trying to finish some home improvement projects that have been on hold for awhile ... and may continue that way for a little longer. :)
I have been busy trying to find time to help with our garden ... that I live an hour and fifteen minutes away from ... it's been interesting. :) My sister and I have learned a lot from our first gardening experience!! That thing has vegetables growing uncontrollably!! Peas, green beans, squash, carrots ... oh, everything is coming on!! We're still waiting on our tomatoes--my absolute favorite. :) We froze corn last week--a good and long 12 hours or so hours of shucking, washing, blanching, cutting, and bagging 500 ears of corn. WOW.
And Ava has also been growing uncontrollably lately! Somebody sprinkled some fertilizer on that girl!!! She is really taking off--crawling all over the place, getting into everything her little fingers can get ahold of--including Portia's food & water bowls... sooo gross. She pulls herself up on the stairs, my lap, the coffee table, the baby gates, in her crib--everywhere. We've seriously baby proofed this place!! She's saying kitty & dog--not incredibly understandable, but we know that's what she means. "Kitty" sounds more like "keey" and "dog" is more like "doe"--but we get the idea. :) I'll save the rest for her 10 month update coming soon!
Here are some random pictures--Enjoy!!









No comments:
Post a Comment