So, just out of curiosity... will you be receiving the H1N1 vaccine?? How about for your little ones?? I'm so up in the air over this one. I'm kind of an against vaccinating kiddos with every vaccination available just because it's been developed and now doctor's think it's the best thing for every kid. For example...the chickenpox 'vaccine'. With this one, I have think, come on ... chickenpox? Why can't our kids just get chickenpox and create natural antibodies against the virus instead of being shot up with more foreign junk? Some vaccinations are absolute miracles--don't get me wrong there--polio, rubella, mumps, measles, etc... I get those, but why are they creating vaccines for things like chickenpox? Why add to the already hefty load of vaccinations that kids are already getting? Especially with the rise in neurological disorders like autism, Asperberger's syndrome, ADD, ADHD, and the list goes on. I had chicken pox...almost every kid I know has had them and survived to tell about it. It just complexes me...? However... I think the H1N1 vaccine is a little different.
Anyway, with the rise & scary talk about the new swine flu epidemic, I thought it would be interesting to find out what others think about this ... so, please take a second to vote in my poll--or you can leave me a comment with your thoughts--I would love to hear your opinion on the matter... everyone's got one!! I will say that my experience so far in labor & delivery nursing has shown me that this is one ferocious bug for pregnant women. Babies don't like to stay in their mommies when this bug takes over. Yikes.
Saturday, October 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









6 comments:
I'm not getting the vaccine for myself but Dan and boys did. I know, I know I should be a healthcare worker and being pregnant but I'm just not sure about the long term effects on the baby. That and we can't even get the injectable in at work and the lines are terribly long with only a few injectables.....
I completely understand your apprehension in getting the vaccination--nobody knows the long term effects, ya know? In the beginning when they were pushing for children and pregnant women to get the vaccine asap I kinda thought, ooh, it can't be that bad--people are making it out alive, right? But, for some reason being pregnant and getting infected with the true h1n1 virus is u-g-l-y. Having the regular flu during pregnancy is do-able--you know, you feel awful, so bad that you might think you're dying because there aren't many medications out there available during pregnancy that you can take to help with the symptoms, but women typically recover just fine. The H1N1 flu virus is actually sending a lot of women into preterm labor...like quickly, I mean within 24-48 hours, and it's really taking a toll on the mom as well. Even those who are otherwise very healthy in general. It's just wild...I would really put a considerable amount of thought into whether or not you'll get the vaccine and weigh your options carefully. I guess it would depend on how far along in pregnancy I was if I were pregnant and trying to decide whether or not to get the vaccine. At least you're a little more protected since those in your family are vaccinated. Best of luck to you & I wish you the best health possible!!
Thanks Liz! I've thinking more about getting it but the injectable just isn't available around here. They are only getting a limited amount and they are gone in no time. A friend of mine has stood in line a couple of times for hours only to be told they were gone. They need to hold clinics with the injectable only for people that can only have the injectable...
I agree. The same kind of madness is going on down here at the health department & other mini-clinics. Speaking of mini-clinics, some of our CVS pharmacies are holding clinics for pregnant women only. I don't know if they have the same thing up there, but it might be worth looking into. Gooood luck!!
I've got a great article that I want you to read about vaccinations and Autism. I will make you a copy and the next time I see ya give it to you!! Its very interesting!
Sounds good Christy! I'm not completely sold on the vaccines=autism theory. There has to be more to it...honestly. I'd love to read what this article has to say. ;o)
Post a Comment